By using this website, you accept our use of cookies. Want to know more?

Nuisance Proceedings

When it comes to nuisance neighbours, there are two types; public and private. Public nuisance is when a person’s actions affect several people whilst private nuisance refers to someone actions effecting one particular person.

A nuisance neighbour can be due to:
  • Noise
  • Leaks
  • Smells
  • Damage to your property
  • Interference with your land
As a claimant, you can take civil proceedings for either; damages to compensate for loss or/and an injunction to stop the nuisance and prevent it reoccurring. When claiming, there are also two types of claims which can be made…
  • Actual physical damage, i.e. a leak which has caused contamination

  • Interference with the enjoyment of your land, i.e. noise caused by pets

It is important to be aware that there is a time limit when claiming for nuisance. The limitation period is six years from when the event took place. However if the nuisance has been going on for a long period of time, you will be able to recover any relevant loss over the 6 years.
Contact Us

Contact MTA Solicitors on 0208 437 0731 or alternatively, complete the form below.

Title *
First name *
Surname *
Email *
Telephone *
Enquiry type *

When would you like to be called?
What time? *
Contact one of our General Litigation Solicitors
Call 0208 437 0731 or Make an Online Enquiry