Disputes, large and small, are a sad fact of business life. The key to success is choosing the right approach to get you from where you are to where you want to be. Our experienced Business & Commercial Solicitors can provide expert legal advice to guide you and your business through a wide range of disputes and help you to resolve them quickly and with the best possible outcome.
Types of Dispute
The most common types of disputes we handle for businesses involve:
- Customer / Supplier – often over breach of contract, poor service or outstanding debt
- Landlord - over repairs, alterations or rent reviews
- Council - over business rates or trading standards
- HMRC over tax compliance, corporation tax, VAT, PAYE, or tax investigations
- Bank - over loan terms and guarantees, or mortage reposession claims
- Former Employee - claims against the business, or misappropriation of confidential information by the employee
- Accountant, Lawyer or other professional adviser - often over incorrect advice or disputed / excessive fees
- Directors / Shareholders / Partners - over decisions relating to the business or the terms of agreements
- Terminating a Business Relationship - with a Supplier, Client, Profesional Adviser or Partner
There are a number of different ways to deal with any kind of business dispute:
- Negotiation - resolving matters by straightforward agreement, including settling a case out of court
- Litigation - resolving matters by straightforward agreement, including settling a case out of court
- Alternative Dispute Resolution this can include :
- - Mediation: where a third party helps the parties to reach an agreement they are both happy with
- -Arbitration: where a third party looks at the dispute and decides the outcome for the parties
- Adjudication: a quick, simple form of Arbitration often used in construction disputes.
It is always better to seek legal advice early on - if you receive a letter threatening to sue, the right response in a timely fashion can head off expensive court proceedings, and often achieves a quicker, better result.
How We Can Help
At MTA Solicitors, our experienced Business & Commercial Solicitors can provide expert legal advice on a wide range of business disputes and dispute resolution, helping you to determine the best course of action and achieving a positive outcome as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
To speak to our Business team, call us now on 0208 437 0731 or request a call back and we will call you back.